EDB Parents's Talks & e-Bulletin for Parents - Education Bureau
We are committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. To this end, we undertake to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the of this Online Registration System;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used. Personal data of EDB Parents’ Talks application records will be deleted 4 months after the talk is completed;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that the Information and Public Relations Section of the Education Bureau holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used;
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.